Did you know…
• Chronic absenteeism is missing 10% of school days or just 2 days each month! Missing this much school can put students at risk of academic failure.
• Absenteeism in the first month of school can predict poor attendance throughout the school year. Half the students who miss 2-4 days in August go on to miss nearly a month of school.
• By 6th grade – chronic absence becomes a leading indicator that a student will drop out of high school.
At Fire Mesa, our goal is to have our students here on time, every day! The attached documents have tips and information on how to keep your child on track in school.
- Elementary Parent Attendance Handout.pdf (537 KB)
- Upper School Attendance Parent Handout.pdf (532 KB)